Map size: x
Embed Code paste the embed code below into your web page
The crime theme assumes that each of your dots has the following fields defined:
- "crime type": The specific
crime type, as defined by Crimespotting.
Recognized (case-insensitive) values are:
- Aggravated Assault
- Simple Assault
- Murder or Homicide
- Disturbing the Peace
- Drugs or Narcotics
- Vehicle Theft
- "description" or "crime description": The crime description, listed in the tooltip.
- "date" and "time": The crime date and time, with no formatting in particular. These values are listed underneath the description in a slightly darker color.
The crime theme has basic support for allowing custom crime type icons.
Two ways to get them to show up:
- Add a "custom_icon" column to your spreadsheet and enter the URL or the FILE_NAME to the custom icon there. If you just specify the FILE_NAME, you will need to use the "iconbase" query string parameter. The value of this would be the base directory URL to the location of the icons. Trailing slash needed for now.
- If your icons are all named exactly like the crime types, you can just use the "iconbase" query string parameter and not create a custom_icon column.
If the icon fails to load, the default icons will be used.
Icons should be 26x26 png|jpg|gif files.